Friday 8 August 2014

Machine Fest Athlete Spotlight- Andrew Askin


Today our Machine Fest Athlete Spotlight is featuring Andrew Askin. Andrew finished 19th place in the 2014 Open advancing himself to the Canada West Regionals where he placed 28th! He was also the winner of the 2014 Battle on the Border!




NAME: Andrew Askin


DIVISION: RX Individual

AFFILIATE: Man-Made Strength and Conditioning

CROSSFITTING FOR: 4 Years

ATHLETIC BACKGROUND: Edmonton Huskies Football Club (2002-2005)



WHAT MADE YOU START CROSSFIT? I stumbled across a few YouTube

videos and had to give it a try!


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WOD? I can't say I have one single favorite.  I

always enjoy doing something new and challenging that I've never done

before!


WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE MOVEMENTS?

Favourite: Winning my heat in event 6 at regional's in 2013.

Least Favourite: The first time I did GHD sit-ups, which happened to be the first

and last time I vomited during a WOD.


WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT CROSSFIT?

I'd have to say that the aspect of being ready for the unknown is the

biggest draw for me.  I get bored fairly easily and it's so easy to mix things

up and stay excited about Crossfit.


WHAT IS YOUR DIET LIKE?

About 60% of my meals are clean and balanced and the other 40% is

Subway.


FAVOURITE CHEAT FOOD / MEAL?

If I were stranded on a deserted island, the only thing I would need to

survive would be Subway chocolate chip cookies.


HOW OFTEN DO YOU WORKOUT? MULTIPLE WORKOUTS IN A DAY?

Typically I have one 1.5hr session of training per day.


DO YOU HAVE ANY UPCOMING GOAL(S) IN RELATION TO CROSSFIT?

My goal is to finish in the top 10 at regional's by 2016.


WHAT IS THE MOST CHALLENGING PART OF BEING A CROSSFITTER?

I'd say the most challenging part of being a crossfitter is the inevitable

moment when someone asks me... "What's Crossfit?"


WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT REGARDING THE UPCOMING

MACHINE FEST COMPETITION?

I'm really looking forward to being a part of a local competition and seeing

how the level of competition in Edmonton has progressed.


WHAT WOULD BE YOUR “IDEAL” WORKOUT AT THIS COMPETITION?

For time:

25 OHS @ 95lbs

1 Legless rope climbs

20 OHS @ 95lbs

2 Legless rope climbs

15 OHS @ 95lbs

3 Legless rope climbs

10 OHS @ 95lbs

4 Legless rope climbs

5 OHS @ 95lbs

5 Legless rope climbs

*100 double under cash-in and cash-out

1 comment:

  1. Hello your blog is sharing great information on this topic, we are providing
    spazzaneve
    Thanks for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete